United Nations Nippon Foundation 2024 Fellowship
The Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea of the Office of Legal Affairs of the United Nations (“OLA/DOALOS”), is now accepting applications from qualified candidates for the 2024 session of the United Nations.
The fellowship programme which will include a four-month training programme amongst other highlights, is open to individuals who are graduates and with interest to participate in academic research and studies.
Its mission is to contribute to the betterment of society by supporting initiatives that empower individuals and communities.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Program Sponsor(s): UN Division (OLA/DOALOS)
Host Institution(s): UN Headquarters, New York
Funding Amount: Full Funding
Number of Awards: 11 Fellows Annually
Basic Qualification: Must be graduate
Nationality: Citizens of Developing Countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship:
- Be between the ages of 25 and 40
- Possess at least a first-level university degree or equivalent
- Demonstrate an ability to undertake advanced academic research and studies
- Be from a developing State
- Be Government officials dealing directly with strategic issues related to sustainable development of oceans and seas (e.g. the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; national and/or regional ocean policy; the establishment of maritime zones and/or the delimitation of maritime boundaries; coastal zone management; conservation and management of marine living resources; maritime transport and shipping; maritime security; the protection and preservation of the marine environment; and/or marine science).
Benefits for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship:
- The fellowship is fully funded by the United Nations
- Selected Fellows participate in a four-month training programme
- Capacity building and networking
Application Procedures for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship (How to Apply):
To apply, download the application form (available at the official website) and fill in all the fields electronically. Kindly use the Sentence case for filling in the data (e.g. John Smith), do not use all capital letters to write your answers (e.g. JOHN SMITH). Apply your electronic or handwritten signature and use the “Save” option to save your changes. Kindly return the form as a word or pdf document.
NB: Read all instruction on the form and on at the official website (link below) before submitting the application form.
Application Deadline: 16 February 2024.
For more information Visit the Official Website.