Tarbell 2023 Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists
Are you a promising early-career journalist looking to unlock your full potential? Do you aspire to gain top-notch expertise and stay pertinent in the digital era? If so, consider submitting your application for the 2024 Tarbell Fellowship for emerging journalists.
The Tarbell Fellowship is a year-long initiative designed for emerging journalists who are dedicated to making a positive impact on the world. This fellowship offers an exceptional chance to engage in impactful journalism, focusing on subjects that have the potential to significantly affect the lives of billions, including global poverty and existential threats.
Fellows are granted a stipend of up to $50,000 to facilitate their assignments at prominent publications or for independent freelance reporting. The program also includes valuable features such as guest talks by experts, constructive feedback, and mentorship from seasoned journalists. Additionally, there is a two-week journalism summit held in Oxford. After completing the fellowship, participants are encouraged to apply their impact-driven approach to journalism in leading newsrooms and publications worldwide. The 2024 Tarbell Fellowship is scheduled to take place from January to December 2024.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Tarbell Fellowship
Host Institution: Tarbell Fellowship
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduate
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Tarbell Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists:
- Ambitious for impact. A commitment to improving the world. Many fellows will have a demonstrated passion for and familiarity with one or more of our areas of interest.
- Passionate about journalism. Previous newsroom experience (including at student newspapers) or comparable experience in a field such as law or research is desirable but not necessary. We seek to support early-career journalists and will prioritise potential over experience.
- Excellent writing skills. A creative approach to storytelling combined with the ability to quickly get to the heart of a new topic. Fellows must be able to produce compelling copy under tight deadlines.
- Relentless. The ability to doggedly pursue your goals and persevere in the face of adversity. Fellows must be willing to work hard, and be capable of withstanding repeated rejection .
- Open-minded. The desire to understand the truth of any given story, even when it conflicts with prior beliefs. Fellows must be open to criticism and recognising ways they can improve their writing and thinking.
Application Procedures for the Tarbell Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates for the 2024 Tarbell Fellowship for Early-Career Journalists are expected to submit an online application before the specified deadline. This application should encompass a curriculum vitae (CV), responses to brief inquiries, and the submission of 1-3 writing samples.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website