Harvard 2024 South Africans Fellowship Programme
The Harvard 2024 Fellowship is now open to determined South Africans who wish to improve and transform their communities and South Africa.
The Awards will be awarded to men and women with careers spanning education, law, public health, the arts and humanities, business and the private sector, and a host of other professions and disciplines.
Harvard University President Derek Bok established the Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program in 1979 to address the needs of South Africans denied access to advanced education by the apartheid system. The creation of this program was a direct response to the strong movement by Harvard students and faculty during the divestment campaigns of the 1970s.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Harvard University President Derek Bok
Host Institution(s): Harvard University
Funding Amount: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees
Nationality: South African Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Harvard Fellowship Programme:
- Applicants who have shown considerable skill in their chosen fields stand to benefit from advanced training, and, it is hoped, can use that advanced training to further South African political, social, and economic progress.
- Thus, candidates who have just completed, or who have not yet completed, a first degree are not selected unless this degree is being pursued concurrently with, or subsequent to, experience in the workplace.
- Fellows usually range from 30- to 45-years-old, but there is no age requirement or limit
Application Procedures for the Harvard Fellowship Programme(How to Apply):
The Harvard Fellowship Programme HSAFP 2024 Application Form is hosted and resides on the Harvard University Funding Portal,
To apply, follow these steps:
- Click here to access the application on or after February 1.
- Applicants should select ‘Apply’.
- On the Login screen, select ‘without Harvard Key’.
- If you are logging in for the first time, select ‘Create New Account’. After you create your account, return to the link above to access the application.
You can return to the link above to access your application using the login and password you create.
Using Google Chrome or Firefox. The system will not function correctly when using Internet Explorer or Safari. You may preview the application here .
Application Deadline: April 15, 2024
For more information Visit the Official Website.