University of Bonn 2024 Argelander Scholarships
University of Bonn 2024 Argelander Scholarships is open to suitably qualified candidates from universities in Africa, Latin America and Asia for the award which offers the opportunity for research stays in the institution.
The aim is to provide funding for doctoral candidates from countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia in order to promote scientific exchange with partners, particularly in regions that have been relatively marginalized in terms of scientific production and to promote international cooperation in the priority regions indicated in the partnership strategy.
This funding line is intended to intensify collaborations between scientists in Bonn and their partners in the above- mentioned regions, and expand such collaborations with respect to the promotion of early-career researchers.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships for Germany
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Bonn, Germany
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Host Institution(s): University of Bonn, Germany
Scholarship Worth: See Award Benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD
Nationality: Africa, Latin America and Asia
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the University of Bonn Argelander Scholarships:
- Preference is given to international doctoral candidates pursuing a doctoral degree at a university or a research institute in Africa, Latin America or Asia.
- Doctoral candidates who are already pursuing their Ph.D. at the University of Bonn are not eligible for funding.
- Recipients of funding should finish their doctorates at their home university (to avoid brain drain).
Benefits for the University of Bonn Argelander Scholarships:
- A travel allowance (depending on country of origin)
- A scholarship of € 1,500 per month (additional funds for accompanying family members: up to € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child)
- A research expense allowance of up to € 300 per month that can be submitted to the International Office after the scholarship has been awarded. Information on applying for the allowance will be provided with your scholarship award.
SEE ALSO: Vanier Canada 2024 Graduate Scholarships
Application Procedures for the University of Bonn Argelander Scholarships (How to Apply):
The application must be submitted by a full-time professor from the University of Bonn. Up to two applications per host/professor can be considered. The doctoral candidates must submit a signed motivational letter.
The Application should include;
- Online form
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during the person’s stay in Bonn;please write your proposal for a multidisciplinary audience
- Reasons for the host to invite the doctoral candidate
- An outline of how the doctoral candidate will be integrated at the host institute (place of work, participation in the institute’s teaching and research activities), and an outline of how the project will be supervised in Bonn
- CV and motivational letter of the doctoral candidate (PDF)
- A financing plan (please use the following Excel table, download here)
Application Deadline: To be Updated
For more information Visit the Official Website.