SA-GER CDR 2023 Postgraduate Scholarships and Internships
Qualified individuals pursuing a Masters or PhD degree can apply for the opportunity to receive full scholarships. Additionally, every year there are several mobility scholarships offered to Master’s students in addition to the aforementioned programs.
The DRD provides complete financial support for scholarships and internships in South Africa and Germany. A restricted number of DAAD merit scholarships are also available annually for exceptional academic achievers who are applicants from Sub-Saharan African nations.
The scholarships are designed to provide complete financial support for Masters and PhD programs in South Africa and also facilitate funding for study periods in Germany. The scholarships are open to full-time students pursuing the following courses: Masters in Development Studies, Master in Public Administration, MA in Development Management, and PhD programs offered by the center (PhD UWC).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): SA-GER CDR/DAAD.
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): SA-GER CDR/ Ruhr-University Bochum
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: African Students
Requirements and Eligibility Requirements for the SA-GER CDR 2023 Postgraduate Scholarships and Internships:
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for your last degree
- Applicants should apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognised university
- The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
- South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- Women are encouraged to apply
- South African students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
Scholarship Benefits for the SA-GER CDR 2023 Postgraduate Scholarships and Internships:
- Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme.
- Plus monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
- Internship Placement in reputable German organisations
Application Procedures for the SA-GER CDR 2023 Postgraduate Scholarships and Internships (How to Apply):
To apply, you are required to complete an electronic application form. Please note that the e-form can only be submitted once, so ensure that you have provided all necessary information before submitting. If you are applying for MADM, kindly refer to the “How to apply” section of the Bochum program or the course homepage.
The application documents that need to be uploaded via the e-form are indicated in the relevant “How to apply” sections of each program. For further information on the courses or registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Varies
For more information Visit the Official Website