Vanier Canada 2024 Graduate Scholarships
Applications are now accepted for the Vanier Canada 2024 Graduate Scholarships from qualified international applicants who wish to apply.
Applicants must be nominated by a Canadian institution with a quota to host Vanier scholars. Applicants should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships is Valued at $50,000 per year for three years during doctoral studies Named after Major-General Georges P. Vanier, the first francophone Governor General of Canada, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program helps Canadian institutions attract highly qualified doctoral students.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Canada
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
Host Institution(s): Canadian Universities
Funding Amount: $50,000 per year for three years
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:
- Applicants must be registered in a full-time doctoral program (or joint graduate research program MA/PhD, MSc/PhD, or MD/PhD) at the nominating Canadian institution;
- Applicants must not hold a faculty appointment concurrently with a Vanier Scholarship unless they arrange for a leave of absence from the appointment;
- Remain enrolled and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress in their doctoral program;
- Not hold, or have held, a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral program;
- Not be concurrently holding any other SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR training award (note: Michael Smith Foreign Studies Supplement excepted); and
- Begin their award within 12 months of the earliest possible start date and start on May 1, September 1, or January 1 following the offer of award
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and humanities
Application Procedures for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (How to Apply):
Interested Candidates for Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships must be nominated by a Canadian institution with a quota to host Vanier scholars. Candidates should only seek a nomination from the institution at which they want to study.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2024
For more information Visit the Official Website.