The United Nations World 2023 Food Programme (UN-WFP) Graduate Internship
The United Nations World Food Programme (UN-WFP) is actively seeking applications from individuals who demonstrate the utmost integrity and professionalism and align with the humanitarian principles of the organization.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) holds the distinction of being the largest humanitarian organization globally, dedicated to combatting hunger on a global scale. WFP’s mission is to contribute to the global goal of achieving Zero Hunger within our lifetimes.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is a renowned humanitarian agency dedicated to fighting global hunger. As the largest organization of its kind, WFP works tirelessly to provide assistance to those in need and strives to achieve the ambitious goal of Zero Hunger worldwide. With a mission to address food insecurity and malnutrition, WFP implements innovative programs and initiatives to ensure that vulnerable populations have access to nutritious food. Through its extensive network and partnerships, WFP plays a critical role in emergency response efforts, long-term development projects, and advocacy for policies that promote food security and sustainable solutions. By prioritizing equal opportunities and inclusivity, WFP remains committed to serving the most vulnerable populations and building a world where no one goes to bed hungry.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Program Type: Graduate Trainee
Program Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slot: Not specified
Basic Qualifications: B.Sc in international relations, political science, humanitarian action, logistics & supply chain or a closely related field
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the United Nations World Food Programme Internship:
- University degree in international relations, political science, humanitarian action, logistics & supply chain or a closely related field.
- Demonstrable equivalent combination of education and experience is also acceptable.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years or more of post-graduate, progressively responsible professional experience in Logistics Emergency Response, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), capacity building, Exposure to the Logistics Cluster and working with government/national actors is required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of, and commitment to, capacity strengthening concepts and approaches.
- Able to to lead in a team-based environment and to work under tight deadlines with no supervision and minimal guidelines, and within remote working limitations where relevant;
- Experience in humanitarian logistics and overall supply-chain management;
- Experience in humanitarian response planning.
- Good communication skills, oral and writing, report writing skills will be key.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills with the ability to lead large cross-cultural group exercises.
- Ability to comfortably communicate, build and maintain relationships with high-level officials and government counterparts.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Willingness to work in challenging environments / field locations, active in identifying project risks, and having a problem-solving mindset (i.e. identifying and notifying of potential/actual issues along with a proposed way to address it).
Application Procedures for the United Nations World Food Programme Internship (How to Apply):
Interested and eligible candidates can apply by clicking on the provided link. It is important to note that the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any fees from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further consideration.
WFP particularly encourages qualified female candidates to apply. If you have any queries or need further information, please direct your inquiries to Nairobi.email@example.com.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website