ICJ Judicial 2024 Fellowship Programme in Netherlands
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Fellowship Sponsor(s): International Court of Justice (ICJ)
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Fellowship Worth: Full Funding
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduates
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the ICJ Judicial Fellowship Programme:
- To be eligible, candidates should be 31 years old or younger at the start of their fellowship. This requirement may be waived only in special circumstances.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent results in their legal studies, and an interest in public international law through their studies, publications and/or work experience.
- Candidates must have an excellent command, both written and orally, of at least one of the two official languages of the Court (English and French); a working knowledge of the other language is considered an asset.
Benefits for the ICJ Judicial Fellowship Programme:
- Judicial Fellows work on a full-time basis under the supervision of a Member of the Court, alongside the Member’s primary legal assistant.
- Fellows can expect to conduct research and draft memorandums on questions of law or fact relating to cases pending before the Court, attend hearings and sittings, and perform any other duties that may be assigned to them by their respective judges.
- Trust fund awards are exclusively intended to benefit candidates nominated by universities based in developing countries, which do not have the means to provide financial sponsorship.
- Salary for the ICJ Judicial Fellowship Programme is not disclosed but expected to be covered by the sponsors
Application Procedures for the ICJ Judicial Fellowship Programme (How to apply):
To apply for the 2024 ICJ Judicial Fellowship, follow these steps:
- Universities are expected to nominate candidates; individual applications are not accepted. While nominating a single candidate is possible, the Court encourages universities to put forth more than one nominee.
- Ensure that all applications are submitted by the deadline of February 5, 2024. No applications will be accepted beyond this date.
- The Court anticipates finalizing its selection of candidates by April 2024.
- Begin your application by using the link provided below. Good luck!
Application Deadline: February 5, 2024
For more information Visit Official Website