Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2023
Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2023 Application is open for applicants who wish to pursue their careers in various fields of learning. The Scholarship aims to assist eligible applicants in paying for their educational costs and providing financial support for their daily living expenses while studying in Mauritius.
Mauritius’ government is offering scholarships to eligible students who are citizens and residents of African Union or African Commonwealth member states. The scholarship includes a return airfare via the most economical route, which will be provided for travel from the student’s home country at the start of their studies and back to their home country upon the completion of their studies.
The scholarship program known as the Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Scheme is being offered by the government of Mauritius through the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology, specifically the Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Mauritius, Mauritius
Host Institution(s): Tertiary Institutions in Mauritius
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: African Union or African Commonwealth countries
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2023:
- Applicants must be resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries
- For undergraduate programmes, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by 01 January 2024
- For PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 40 years by 01 January 2024
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus programme (Diploma, Degree, MPhil or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the appropriate Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2023
- The scholarship will be for a maximum duration as indicated below or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser
- Undergraduate Diploma – Three (3) years
- Undergraduate Degree – Four (4) years
- MPhil / PhD – Four (4) years + 6 months for the transfer from MPhil to PhD 4 PhD Three (3) years
Application Procedures For The Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme 2023 (How to Apply):
The Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarship Scheme offers a scholarship to eligible applicants. You can access the necessary documents required for the scholarship application on the websites of the Ministry of Education (http://ministry-education.govmu.org/) and Higher Education Mauritius (http://highereducationmauritius.com/). These documents include the application form, which applicants are encouraged to fill out electronically before printing. It is important to note that the scholarship application can only be submitted using the provided application form, which should be filled out completely. Additionally, the Guidelines for Applicants document contains crucial information about the scholarship’s terms and conditions, application process, and a list of public higher education institutions in Mauritius that offer full-time on-campus studies.
Application Deadline: May 19, 2023
For More Information Visit the Official Website