The Fifth Rsif PhD Scholarships 2023 Call for Rwanda and Nigeria Nationals (Fully-funded)
Applications are currently being accepted for the Fifth Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund (RSIF) PhD Scholarships Call for individuals who are citizens of Rwanda and Nigeria. This opportunity is available for qualified candidates who are interested in receiving a high-quality international PhD education and conducting PhD research in a PASET Priority Thematic Area.
The objective of Rsif is to educate excellent PhD students and post-doctoral researchers with the aim of filling the shortage of highly skilled specialists in the applied sciences, engineering, and technology (ASET) fields in SSA. The program seeks to enhance research and innovation capabilities in these fields in SSA and also supports the improvement of research and innovation ecosystems in chosen African Host Universities (AHU) by awarding competitive grants.
The initiative’s funding is made possible through contributions from African governments, the World Bank, and the Government of Korea. The program is being facilitated by the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), which is located in Nairobi, Kenya.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): African governments, World Bank & Government of Korea
Host Institution(s): PASET
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD
Nationality: Rwanda and Nigeria Nationals
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for The Fifth Rsif PhD Scholarships 2023 Call for Rwanda and Nigeria Nationals:
- Applicants must Be a citizen of Rwanda and Nigeria.
- Have a relevant master’s degree in one of the fields of study.
- Meet the specific admission requirements of the Rsif African Host University where they would like to pursue a PhD.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are 35 years of age and below.
- Be willing to enroll full-time in a PhD program at an Rsif AHU in the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Should not be holding another PhD scholarship when applying to the Rsif PhD scholarship.
- Be willing to spend 6-12 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- Demonstrate that their research goals are well aligned to the Rsif Priority Thematic Areas and contribute to Africa’s development.
Scholarship Benefits for The Fifth Rsif PhD Scholarships 2023 Call for Rwanda and Nigeria Nationals:
- The Rsif PhD Scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance, and research costs.
- Rsif PhD scholars will be supported to spend 6 -12 months in a ‘sandwich’ training at an international partner university, research institute or private company.
- Rsif PhD scholars become part of a growing network of emerging leaders in ASET fields in SSA.
- Rsif PhD scholars will have access to Rsif competitive research grants upon completion of their PhD.
Application Procedures for The Fifth Rsif PhD Scholarships 2023 Call for Rwanda and Nigeria Nationals (How to Apply):
If you are a Rwanda or Nigeria national and wish to apply for the Fifth Rsif PhD Scholarships, you must use icipe’s online application platform. Applications that are submitted via email or in paper form will not be accepted. If you have any inquiries, please contact the Manager of the Regional Coordination Unit (RCU) at Rsifscholarships@icipe.org.
Application Deadline: May 26, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website