Australian Government 2023 Research Training Program Scholarship at Flinders University
Are you a prospective international student with aspirations of studying abroad but unsure of how to secure financial support? If so, you now have an excellent chance to apply for the Australian Government RTP Scholarship at Flinders University for the academic session of 2023/24.
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) (International) are designed to specifically assist international students in pursuing a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University.
Flinders University is a renowned educational institution located in Adelaide, South Australia. Established in 1966, it has emerged as a leading university known for its commitment to innovation, research, and academic excellence. With a strong emphasis on practical learning and industry engagement, Flinders University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs across various disciplines, including health sciences, humanities, business, and engineering. The university’s state-of-the-art facilities, combined with a vibrant and inclusive campus environment, provide students with an ideal setting to pursue their educational goals and thrive academically. Flinders University takes pride in its research-driven approach, fostering groundbreaking discoveries and collaborations in areas such as health, environment, and technology. The university’s dedication to community engagement and global partnerships further enhances its impact and reputation. With its rich academic heritage and forward-thinking approach, Flinders University continues to empower students to become future leaders and make a positive difference in the world.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Australia
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Flinders University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: $33,000
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the AGRTPS at Flinders University:
- Be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
- Intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time, in the year for which the award is to offered. Students who commenced their higher degree by research in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment, were unable to apply for an AGRTPS in that year, or, commenced a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement, may be considered.
- Intend to enrol in an area of research concentration. These are areas in which the University has particular strength, has concentrated its research resources and has attracted external funding.
- Satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels in accordance with the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature.
Benefits for the AGRTPS at Flinders University:
- Stipend at the standard rate set by the Australian Government of $33,000pa tax free (2023 full time rate).
- Research Training Program place (RTP), which provides an off set for tuition fees for up to 4 years.
- An AGRTPS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Application Procedures for the AGRTPS at Flinders University (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates interested in the AGRTPS at Flinders University for the 2023/24 academic session must complete a two-step application process. Firstly, they need to submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by research, such as a PhD or Masters of Arts by research. Subsequently, they should submit an application for the International RHD Scholarship.
International students can conveniently apply for admission through Studylink.
Application Deadline: 4th August, 2023 at 5pm Australian time
For more information Visit the Official Website