Australia Government 2023 Research Training Program (RTP)
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) is now accepting applications from postgraduate students who are interested in studying or pursuing their studies in Australia. This program offers fully funded opportunities for research-based postgraduate studies to both domestic and international students. If you are interested in undertaking a postgraduate research study, you are encouraged to apply for the 2023/2024 RTP opportunities.
Under the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP), successful students are awarded block grants through higher education providers (HEPs) on a calendar year basis. These grants are aimed at supporting students pursuing research doctorate and research masters degrees, commonly referred to as higher degrees by research (HDRs). This funding enables students to undertake their research studies and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in their respective fields.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Australia
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australia Government
Host Institution(s): Higher Institutions in Australia
Scholarship Worth: 29,863 (2023 rate)
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: Domestic and Overseas students
Requirements and Eligibility for the Australia Government Research Training Program (RTP):
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance a student must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP.
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP Stipend Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- To be eligible for a RTP Fees Offset a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR
Benefits for the Australia Government Research Training Program (RTP):
- An RTP Fees Offset pays for the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) student that would otherwise have been paid by the student. This requires that a university to fully offset tuition fee applicable for a student. This is not a stipend.
- An RTP Stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking a higher degree by research.
- RTP Allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research (HDR). This includes relocation costs to undertake a HDR, HDR thesis printing and academic publication costs and health cover costs for recipients and their dependents.
Application Procedures for the Australia Government Research Training Program (RTP) (How to Apply):
The application and selection processes for RTP Scholarships are managed by the higher education providers (HEPs) themselves. Prospective candidates interested in applying for the scholarships should directly get in touch with the postgraduate research office of their chosen HEP. These offices will provide the necessary guidance and information on how to apply. To find a list of eligible HEPs participating in the program, you can refer to the provided link [Here].
For more information Visit the Official Website