African Union 2024 Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC)
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps 2024 is calling for applications from individuals who meet the necessary qualifications. This prominent continental program focuses on youth leadership and aims to enlist, educate, and assign young African experts from all 55 AU Member States to work as skilled volunteers for a duration of one year.
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AUYVC) encourages volunteering to strengthen the role of young individuals in Africa as pivotal contributors to the continent’s development objectives and aspirations. This effort aims to amplify their involvement in policies, programs, and endeavors, thereby enriching their engagement in shaping and implementing these initiatives.
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AUYVC) is a flagship continental initiative that seeks to empower young Africans as essential contributors to the region’s development objectives. Through a comprehensive youth leadership program, the AUYVC recruits, trains, and deploys skilled young professionals from all 55 AU Member States to serve as volunteers for a duration of 12 months. By promoting volunteering and active participation, the AUYVC aims to enhance the status of African youth while fostering their engagement in policy, programs, and initiatives that drive Africa’s progress.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Company/Organisation(s): African Union
Program Type: Graduate Programme
Program Location: Ethiopia
Program Duration: 12 months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: First Degree
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps:
- Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or in the Diaspora.
- Aged 18 – 35 years (must be under the age of 35 upon completing 12 months service).
- Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s, Master’s etc.)
- Available in 2023/24 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for professional volunteer service.
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State.
- Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Swahili , Spanish).
- Has at least one-year verifiable volunteering experience and one-year professional work experience.
Benefits for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps:
- Unique opportunity to engage at highest continental policy and programs at the African Union.
- Network with Young African leaders from across the continent.
- Economy return ticket to place of deployment.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
- Health insurance cover.
- AU Service Passport.
- Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months service.
- Training and mentorship opportunities
Application Procedures for the African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (How to Apply):
For more information Visit the Official Websites