University of Manchester 2024 Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards
The University of Manchester is happy to announce the 2024 Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards open to international students who wish to enrol for postgraduate research studies at the University.
The scholarship, hosted by the Faculty of Science and Engineering, is fully funded and covers the student’s tuition fees at the international rate, annual maintenance stipend equivalent and a fixed research training support grant per year.
The University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards are designed to attract and support the great minds across various degree progams, providing financial assistance and recognition to those who demonstrate exceptional academic excellence and research potential.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Host Institution(s): University of Manchester, UK
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards:
- Applicants from all nationalities
- Applicants must hold an offer to start a PhD programme in September 2022. Candidates who do not yet have an academic offer should get in touch with Faculty admissions team to discuss how to best progress a PhD application in time for the funding deadline. See `useful links’ for contacts.
- Applicants must hold (or be about to obtain) a first class honours undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Ideally hold a master’s qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent)
- Applicants must meet English language entry requirements as specified by the Department that you are applying to;
- Have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications / articles, promoting your research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work.
Benefits for the University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards:
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- Annual maintenance stipend equivalent to UKRI minimum stipend rate
- £1000 Research Training Support Grant per year
SEE ALSO: Vanier Canada 2024 Graduate Scholarships
Application Procedures for the University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards (How to Apply):
Dean’s Doctoral Scholarships operate on a nomination basis. Your supervisor will nominate you for consideration by the Faculty and in order to be considered, you must hold an offer for a place on one of our PhD programmes
It is therefore essential that you apply for a place on the PhD programme of your choice as early as possible and that you specify in the funding section of your application form that you wish to be considered for the Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship funding.
Full details of our research projects can be found on the relevant Department web pages as well as information on how to apply for PhD programmes.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2024
For more information Visit the Official Website.