University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023
African students who are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in the UK can now apply for the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023/24.
African international students who are financing their own postgraduate studies may qualify for a tuition fee discount of £4,000 through a scholarship program.
This scholarship program is designed for African students who want to study at the University of Essex and advance their education to the postgraduate level.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Essex, UK.
Scholarship Type: Full Masters Scholarships
Host Institution(s): University of Essex, UK.
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship level: Masters Degree Studies
Scholarship Worth: $4,000.
Nationality: African Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria on the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023:
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely selffunded*.
- Students must be ordinarily resident (see below for the definition of ordinary residence) in a member state of the African Union.
- These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries above.
- Applicants must have been awarded an undergraduate degree (this includes integrated Masters degrees) with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, MRES and LLM degree and start in October 2023 and January 2024.
- Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 14 July 2023 (for October 2023 start) or 13 October 2023 (for January 2024 start) and met the academic conditions of entry, will be considered for these scholarships.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study at Essex only;
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
- Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded.
Country Specific Requirements:
- Ghana: 2:1, or CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- Nigeria: CGPA 3/5 or above
- Other member states of the African Union: 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
Application Procedure for the University of Essex Africa Postgraduate Regional Scholarship 2023 (How to Apply):
To study at the University of Essex, you must apply for admission and if you meet the requirements mentioned earlier, you will be automatically considered for the scholarship without having to fill out a separate application form. Your academic transcripts and certificates that you submit with your application for admission to Essex will be used to evaluate your eligibility for the scholarship..
Application Deadline: September (Annually)
For more information Visit the Official Website