University of Alberta 2023 Postgraduate Scholarships and Awards [Fully Funded]
The University of Alberta offers a wide range of scholarships and awards for postgraduate students. As a diverse institution with multiple campuses, it provides a dynamic and encouraging atmosphere for learning and research. With over 37,000 students enrolled in more than 370 graduate and undergraduate programs across 18 faculties, the university is committed to delivering high-quality education through on-campus and distance learning methods.
The University is providing a range of scholarships and awards in collaboration with different sponsors and with varying funding amounts. These scholarships are specifically designed to support students who are enrolled full time in thesis-based MSc or PhD programs at the university. The scholarships serve as a financial contribution towards the stipend of these students.
A variety of sources, such as the Government of Canada, Government of Alberta, and generous donors, fund awards, scholarships, and prizes at the University of Alberta. These accolades are bestowed upon exceptional applicants. Some awards are specifically designated for particular programs. At the University of Alberta, there are numerous scholarship opportunities for you to explore. The Graduate Scholarship Committee (GSC), which is a permanent committee of the FGSR Council, assesses all award competitions. The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) administers a substantial sum of $29 million in scholarships annually.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Canada
Requirement and Eligibility criteria for the Alberta Scholarships and Awards:
- Student must be currently enrolled in or applying for a full-time thesis-based graduate programme of the university.
- Students of Medical Sciences Graduate Program (MSc or PhD) should be in one of the following departments in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry: Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Dentistry, Laboratory Medicine & Pathology, Medical Genetics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences, Pediatrics and Radiology & Diagnostic Imaging.
- The student may be eligible to hold this award more than once.
- Award will be withdrawn if the student completes his/her program or ceases to maintain full-time registration.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedures for the Alberta Scholarships and Awards (How to Apply):
To apply for the University of Alberta Postgraduate Scholarships, prospective applicants should visit the University of Alberta’s online application portal and submit their applications through that platform. Additionally, it may be necessary to refer to the GSC Handbook for specific instructions on how to express interest in these scholarships. The handbook will provide detailed information and guidelines related to the application process.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
For more information Visit the Official Website