Government of Canada 2023 Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program
Qualified candidates are invited to apply for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program, which will begin research work for the academic session of 2023-2024.
The Postdoctoral Research Program offers individuals who have recently achieved a doctoral degree in the natural sciences an opportunity to collaborate with research groups or prominent leaders in Canadian government laboratories and research institutions throughout the country. Through this program, the Government of Canada gains valuable contributions from up-and-coming talent in the field.
The Postdoctoral Research Program, a collaboration between Natural Resources Canada, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Health Canada, and the Public Health Agency of Canada, is seeking recent graduates in the field of natural sciences to join their team. Federal research scientists play a vital role in informing strategic decisions, policies, regulations, and programs by providing a strong scientific knowledge base through their research. They work towards achieving specific outcomes aligned with departmental mandates and strive to identify, develop, and implement new initiatives to meet the future needs of their respective departments.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Canada
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada, Canada
Host Institution(s): Government of Canada, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Salary Range b/w $58,563 and $113,877
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship:
- Applicants must be domestic or international students
- Applicants must be admitted into PhD degree program.
- Candidates must have obtained a doctoral degree (PhD) within the last three (3) years from a recognized post-secondary institution in a field of natural sciences with a specialization related to the duties of the position.
- Currently enrolled in a doctoral program at a recognized post-secondary institution, however, you must have completed your degree in order to be appointed to a position.
- Experience in planning and conducting research.
- Experience in working with a team of researchers and support staff.
- Experience resulting in a recognized achievement in the form of authorship and editorship of published or unpublished reports, books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals, or other communications. This experience must have been acquired through one of the following means:
- Research, experimental development, or tasking associated with operational equipment and problems;
- Operational research and scientific analysis;
- Planning, analysis, and evaluation of Canadian and foreign programs in research and development, or;
- Developmental work leading to the issue of patents, copyrights, or the creation of improved varieties, functions, or designs, and/or recognition by the professional community of the research environment.
Application Procedures for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship (How to Apply):
Prospective applicants for the Government of Canada’s Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Program are advised to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria before proceeding with their online application submission.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information Visit the Official Website