African Economic Research Consortium 2024 PhD Scholarships
The AERC (African Economic Research Consortium) has announced the start of the 2023/24 AERC PhD Scholarships for individuals hailing from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African nations who intend to pursue studies at universities that offer Economics degrees.
The objective of the scholarship is to contribute to the progress of sub-Saharan Africa by equipping professionals within the region with economics expertise. This is achieved by offering assistance in policy research and advanced training to individuals based locally.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): AERC
Scholarship Type: Full funding
Host Institution(s): Participating universities in Africa
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships:
- Have applied and been admitted to any of the participating universities.
- Have obtained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field from an accredited university.
- Have a Masters degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics, quantitative methods and econometrics.
- Possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC PhD Bridge Programme alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Benin, Nigeria
- University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
- University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin
- Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
Application Procedures for the African Economic Research Consortium PhD Scholarships (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates interested in the AERC PhD Scholarships should apply for admission directly to their chosen universities (details on the application process can be found on the respective university’s website). After receiving an acceptance letter from the university, applicants need to upload the subsequent documents onto the AERC scholarship portal:
- Cover letter for the application
- CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- Proof of admission to one of the participating universities
- Verified copies of academic transcripts and certificates.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website