Queen Elizabeth 2023 Scholarship for Early Career Women from Africa
Young African women who are appropriately qualified are encouraged to apply for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship. This scholarship is intended for early-career women who are in the last phase of their PhD program, postdoctoral researchers, and early-career academics.
The funding and support for the Scholarship are provided through the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship – Advanced Scholars West Africa initiative. This program centers on Sustainable Development Goal 5, which pertains to gender equality, considering it as both a primary goal and a pervasive objective.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen Elizabeth Scholarship
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Host Institution(s): Any African University
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: PhD
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women:
- Applicants must be African women.
- All applicants must be able to communicate in English or French.
- Must be enrolled i a doctoral research, post-doctoral research or early career research.
- Must be from an eligible West African countries.
- Research must fall into the eligible thematic areas.
- Applicants must be mobile and willing to travel. Travel may occur across West Africa and/or to Canada where feasible and permissible.
- Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo.
Benefits for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women:
- Mobility expenses
- Research placement expenses
- Travel and health insurance
Application Procedures for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates who wish to apply for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women must finalize their application and furnish all the necessary information and documentation as requested.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website