King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023 [Fully Funded]
Qualified African students who are interested in gaining insights into the operational mechanisms of fashion producers in Africa are welcome to apply for the King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023.
The PhD studentships will concentrate on generating fresh data regarding fashion economies that hold relevance for the industry, and pursue conceptual development concerning leading enterprises in the Global South. The objective of the program is to aid students in shifting their outlook from Africa being resource-limited towards emphasizing creativity, ideas, and innovation to explore broader horizons.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): King’s College London
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): African Leadership Centre, King’s College London
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023:
- Be Africans and be permanently resident in an African country.
- Plan to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London in the 2023-24 academic year (Ideal candidate to start in October 2023 but by no later than January 2024).
- Meet the academic requirements for enrolment for the PhD degree in the Faculty of Social Science and Policy at King’s College London.
- You should hold or expect to obtain a High Merit or Distinction at Master’s level (or equivalent) in any subject.
- Disciplinary areas of particular relevance would include but not be limited to: International Political Economy; Political Economy; Fashion Management; Business; Development Studies; Culture, Media & Creative Industries; Policy; Sociology; Geography; Social Sciences.
- A strong interest in fashion and the creative economy (academic, professional, personal).
- Good team-working, observational, organisation and communication skills.
- Experience of qualitative and quantitative methods.
Scholarship Benefits for the King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023:
- The studentship covers the following for four years:
- Tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate
- An annual stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2022/23, this was set at £19,688).
- Research costs up to £5,000 per annum.
Application Procedures for the King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023 (How to Apply):
Individuals who are interested in applying for the King’s College London Africa Studentships 2023 should finalize an online application and send all the mandatory documents to Dr. Ikpe and Dr. England via email, before applying through the KCL portal.
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter explaining applicant’s interest in the project and how your prior experience is relevant.
- Sample of written work (i.e MSc/Ma thesis).
Application Deadline: 30th June 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website