Commonwealth Shared 2024 Scholarships for Masters Studies in UK [Fully Funded]
Eligible candidates from Commonwealth nations are invited to apply for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2024, which support master’s studies at universities in the United Kingdom
The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is committed to identifying and sponsoring talented individuals who have the potential to make an impact in their communities and the world at large. The Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship which will enable the beneficiaries to fully focus on their studies
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) provides the UK government scholarship scheme led by international development objectives. It operates within the framework of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) and offers a vivid demonstration of the UK’s enduring commitment to the Commonwealth
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in UK
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Commonwealth Scholarship Commission
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): Universities in the United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
Nationality: Commonwealth countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start their academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2024.
- By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honours standard, or a lower second-class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country.
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK university without this Scholarship.
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
Benefits for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships:
- Approved airfare from the Scholar’s home country to the UK and return at the end of their Scholarship (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before the award is confirmed) – funded by the CSC.
- Approved tuition fees: full fees are covered by agreement between the CSC and the UK university.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,347 per month, or £1,652 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at current levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable – paid and funded by the university.
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable.
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
- Contribution towards the cost of a mandatory tuberculosis (TB) test, where required for a visa application (receipts must be supplied).
- If Scholars have children and are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £576.61 per month for the first child, and £143 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if Scholars are accompanied by their children and they are living with them at the same address in the UK (rates quoted at current levels).
- If Scholars share that they have a disability, a full assessment of their needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC
Application Procedures for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships (How to Apply):
Applicants for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2024 must not only seek admission to an approved Master’s course at a participating UK university but also submit an application for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship through the CSC’s online application system
Application Deadline: 14 December 2023 at 16:00 GMT
For more information Visit the Official Website