Ghent University PhD Research Position 2023 (Faculty of Law and Criminology)
The Faculty of Law and Criminology at Ghent University is currently accepting applications from eligible candidates for a doctoral research position. The focus of this position is to explore the rights of individuals regarding the utilization of health data for research purposes within the framework of relevant regulations.
The PhD student will conduct an investigation into the rights of individuals pertaining to the secondary utilization of health data for research objectives, taking into account the relevant regulatory frameworks. Specifically, the researcher will be responsible for identifying and evaluating the pertinent provisions within the EU’s regulatory frameworks, such as the GDPR, the upcoming Data Governance Act, and the European Health Data Space. The aim is to determine how these frameworks can enhance the rights of individuals when their data is being processed for research purposes. This legal analysis will be rooted in a theoretical framework that emphasizes the principles of transparency, fairness, and lawfulness in the processing of health data.
The PhD researcher will be located at the Faculty of Law and Criminology at Ghent University and will also be affiliated with the interdisciplinary Metamedica Platform. To learn more about the Metamedica Platform, please visit their website at https://www.metamedica.ugent.be.
SEE ALSO: Latest Jobs
Job Type: PhD Research Position
Host Institution(s): Ghent University, Belgium
Benefits: 100% Occupancy rate
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Student
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Ghent University PhD Research Position:
- You have a master degree in Law or a relevant discipline
- You have a passion for research and strong analytical skills.
- You are willing to familiarise yourself with interdisciplinary methodologies in health privacy research and follow literature in bioethics, health and data protection law, and health informatics.
- You have an impressive track record (study results, publications and/or awards)
- You are able to work independently and take initiative, yet you are also a team player.
- You have high organisational skills, and able to meet the deadlines.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Existing educational, research or professional background in EU data protection law and/or health law will be an asset for this position.
Application Procedures for the Ghent University PhD Research Position (How to Apply):
To be considered for the PhD research position at the Faculty of Law and Criminology at Ghent University, interested applicants must submit the following documents via email to Prof. Mahsa Shabani (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Anne Vral (email@example.com):
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Writing sample, which can be a publication, research essay, master’s thesis, or any relevant written work that showcases the applicant’s research abilities.
- Copies of diplomas or academic certificates.
Important Note: All required documents should be merged in 1 single pdf-file.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website