Flinders 2023 International Research Scholarship in Australia
The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is a scholarship designed to assist international students by covering their international tuition fees and providing a stipend. It is open to applications from international students who are interested in pursuing research studies.
The FIPRS is a highly competitive scholarship that is awarded based on the excellence and potential of candidates in various aspects such as independent research capability, academic merit, research training, and performance indicators. Each year, only a very limited number of scholarships are available, with a total of 5 scholarships awarded in 2022.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University, Australia
Scholarship Type: Research Scholarship
Host Institution(s): Flinders University, Australia
Scholarship Worth: $28,854.00 (2022 RTP rate)
Number of Awards: 5 scholarships this year
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Flinders 2023 International Research Scholarship:
- The applicant must be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship; and
- The applicant must be intending to commence a full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time, in the year for which the award is to offered.
- The applicant must be intending to enrol in an area of research concentration in line with the University research objectives.
- The applicant must satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels.
Scholarship Benefits for the Flinders 2023 International Research Scholarship:
- An international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- A stipend (living allowance) paid at the rate of $28,854.00 per annum (2022 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- A possible establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Application Procedures for the Flinders 2023 International Research Scholarship (How to Apply):
In order to apply for an AGRTPS (Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship) and FIPRS (Flinders International Research Scholarship), the application process involves two steps. First, you need to submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by research, which includes a PhD or Master of Arts by research program. Following that, you need to apply for the International RHD (Research Higher Degree) Scholarship Group.
It is essential to reach out to an academic staff member in your specific academic field and secure their agreement to supervise you if your application is successful. This step ensures that you have a designated supervisor to guide you throughout your research journey.
Application Deadline: 04 August, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website