Getty Scholar 2023 Grants for Scholars in Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Getty Scholar Grants 2023 are currently accepting applications from proficient scholars in the fields of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences. These grants specifically aim to support well-qualified individuals who have achieved recognition or distinction in their respective areas of expertise.
The Getty Foundation plays a pivotal role in promoting research and conservation efforts by providing assistance to scholars and professionals through grants, projects, and publications. Their support enables individuals in these fields to further their research, contribute to the preservation of cultural heritage, and disseminate knowledge through various scholarly endeavors.
The Getty Foundation is a prominent organization dedicated to advancing the fields of art, culture, and conservation. With a focus on research and knowledge dissemination, the foundation provides crucial support to scholars, professionals, and institutions through various grants, projects, and publications. Their contributions help fuel groundbreaking research, promote the preservation of cultural heritage, and foster collaboration among experts worldwide. By fostering innovation and excellence in the arts and humanities, the Getty Foundation plays a vital role in enriching our understanding and appreciation of global cultural heritage.
SEE ALSO: Latest Grants
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Getty Scholar Grants:
- Researchers of all nationalities are eligible.
- Researchers must be working in the arts, humanities, or social sciences.
- Applicants must have received their degree after September 1, 2020.
Benefits for the Getty Scholar Grants:
- Three-month residency: September to December, January to April: $21,500
- Six-month residency: September to April, January to June: $43,000
- Nine-month residency: September to June: $65,000
- Work station at the Getty Research Institute or the Getty Villa.
- Housing apartment.
- Travel stipend
- Available healthcare option
Application Procedures for the Getty Scholar Grants (How to Apply):
To apply for the Getty Scholar Grants, interested individuals are required to submit all their application materials online. The application should include the following supporting documents:
- Project Proposal: Each applicant must provide a detailed description of their proposed plan for study and research. The description should not exceed five pages and should be typed and double-spaced. It should address two key points: (1) how the project relates to the scholar year theme* and (2) how the project would benefit from the resources available at the Getty, including its library and collections. Please note that applicants for the AAAHI and PRW Research Project Scholarships are not obligated to align their projects with the annual theme. Instead, they should focus on either (1) African American art and cultural history for the AAAHI Scholarship or (2) the life and legacy of Williams for the PRW Research Project Scholarship.
- Curriculum Vitae: Applicants are required to provide their curriculum vitae, outlining their academic and professional background, achievements, and publications.
- Optional Writing Sample: Applicants have the option to include a writing sample if they wish to provide additional evidence of their scholarly work.
Please ensure that all application materials are submitted electronically as instructed.
Application Deadline: October 2, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website