Federal Government 2024 4IR Technology Program
The Federal Government of Nigeria has launched the West African country’s first 4IRTA 2024 initiative, an Agriculture Demonstration Project, aimed at enhancing productivity and sustainability in the agricultural sector of the economy
The Agriculture Demonstration Project would allow the Nigerian Government to “identify and mainstream market-ready innovations that leverage these 4IR technologies to enhance productivity and sustainability in the country’s agricultural sector
The Federal Government 4IR Technology Program is a platform to run demonstration projects using 4IR technologies (UAVs, IoT, AI and Blockchain) in different sectors of the economy. These projects will be designed as pilot to illustrate how these technologies can be successfully implemented in Nigeria
SEE ALSO: Latest Grants
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the 4IR Technology Program:
- The 10 selected projects are expected to be focused on the application of UAV, IoT, AI and Blockchain in different agricultural sub sectors e.g. crop production, fishery, livestock and forestry.
- Project proposals will need to demonstrate the use of 4IR Technologies to improve agricultural productivity and sustainability in Nigeria
- Innovations: Innovative use of 4IR technology to improve agricultural productivity
- Impacts: Potential to generate significant economic and social benefits for farmers
- Feasibility?: Technical feasibility with a plan for scaling
- Sustainability: Clear sustainability plan for long-term success
Benefits for the 4IR Technology Program:
- Selected projects will receive up to N10,000,000 in funding to deepen the application of 4IR technologies in their work.
- The Ministry of Agriculture will provide support to selected pilot farms and navigate a path to scale and sustainability.
Application Procedures for the 4IR Technology Program (How to apply):
To apply for the NITDA Fourth Industrial Revolution Technology Program, here is the step-by-step process to follow;
- Meet up with criteria set forth in the eligibility requirement
- Use the link below to access the submission portal
- Submit your application before the deadline
Application Deadline: December 7, 2023
For more information visit the official website