Fulbright-University of Helsinki 2023 Graduate Award (Fully-funded)
The Fulbright Finland Foundation, in collaboration with the University of Helsinki, offers the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award. This prestigious award is available to students from the United States, Finland, and other international students who have been admitted to one of the University’s International Master’s Degree Programs.
The University of Helsinki provides a range of International Master’s Degree Programs that are taught in English. These programs offer a diverse selection of fields of study and some are offered in collaboration with other Finnish or foreign universities. By enrolling in these two-year programs, students can immerse themselves in a truly international learning environment, interacting with peers from Finland as well as from various countries worldwide.
The University of Helsinki holds the esteemed position as the foremost research university in Finland and consistently maintains a prominent rank among the top 20 universities in Europe. Renowned for its commitment to research excellence, the university provides a multi-disciplinary and international study environment that fosters academic growth and collaboration. The University of Helsinki is equipped with world-class infrastructure and facilities, including state-of-the-art libraries, advanced laboratories, and cutting-edge computer environments. These resources are dedicated to supporting the academic pursuits of students, enabling them to access the best possible learning and research opportunities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Fulbright-University of Helsinki
Host Institution(s): University of Helsinki, Finland
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Masters
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award:
- Applicants who are going to complete a full Master’s Degree Program at the University of Helsinki.
Benefits for the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award:
- The Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award includes a monthly grant of EUR 1 000 (paid for nine months)
- The grantee will also be provided with a travel award (USD 1600),
- Residence permit allowance (based on the actual permit fees, incl. grantee and accompanying family members, funded by the Foundation) and
- A supplemental accident and sickness benefit (ASPE).
- Based on the agreement with the Fulbright Finland Foundation, University of Helsinki provides a full tuition scholarship (EUR 13 000 – 18 000 depending on the program) for the recipients of the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award. The scholarship is granted also for the second year of Master’s studies provided that the grantee has been successful in their studies during the first year.
- In addition, the grantee will be eligible, free of charge, to participate in a Fulbright Finland Foundation pre-approved summer school in Finland consisting of courses in Finnish language, culture and society, pending availability of suitable programs.
- Opportunity to apply for additional funding from the Lois Roth Foundation. (This funding is applied for after arrival to Finland.)
- Alumni network and activities provided for the grantees of the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs.
- The University of Helsinki alumni network, Helsinki Alumni, invites all Fulbright grantees and scholars to the alumni network to benefit from the network activities already during their stay at the university. Signing up is cost-free. The activities for the UH USA Alumni and Friends network are open also for those, who still consider whether to apply to become the University of Helsinki Fulbright grantees.
Application Procedures for the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award (How to Apply):
The Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award follows a dual application procedure, which includes the Fulbright grant competition and the admission process to the University of Helsinki.
Applicants are required to apply for admission to the University of Helsinki, particularly for its International Master’s Degree Programs. The application period for these programs typically commences in November. It is important to carefully review the detailed application information provided for Finland.
The final selection of recipients for the Fulbright-University of Helsinki Graduate Award is conducted by the Fulbright Finland Foundation in Helsinki.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information Visit the Official Website