CERN 2023 Short Term Internship in Geneva
Are you a student pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in a science, technical, or administrative field, with a strong enthusiasm for enhancing your abilities in your chosen area? Are you interested in gaining practical experience through a few months of on-the-job training? Consider the exciting possibility of undertaking a short internship at CERN in Geneva.
During the internship, interns will have the valuable chance to receive guidance and training from experienced professionals who take pleasure in imparting their knowledge to dedicated and enthusiastic students.
CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is a renowned international scientific organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. Established in 1954, CERN is dedicated to pushing the boundaries of fundamental physics and understanding the universe at its most fundamental level. It is famous for its flagship project, the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), the world’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator. By colliding particles at extremely high energies, scientists at CERN aim to recreate the conditions that existed moments after the Big Bang and unravel the mysteries of particle physics. CERN’s discoveries, such as the confirmation of the Higgs boson in 2012, have revolutionized our understanding of the fundamental building blocks of the universe. Moreover, CERN serves as a hub for collaboration among thousands of scientists from around the globe, fostering an environment of knowledge exchange and innovation. Its research has far-reaching implications for fields beyond physics, including medicine, computing, and engineering, making CERN an invaluable institution in the pursuit of scientific advancement.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Program Type: Internship
Program Location: Geneva
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Undergraduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the CERN Short Term Internship:
- Must be a full-time student (Technical/Administrative diploma, Bachelor or Master degree)
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Your main field of study is in one of the following areas: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation, material science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication. Or in administrative fields such as; translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics.
- You will remain a full-time registered student throughout the internship at CERN.
- You have a good working proficiency in English and/ or French.
Application Procedures for the CERN Short Term Internship (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates for the CERN Short-Term Internship 2023 should submit their application through the online application portal. As part of the application, applicants will need to provide their CV in either English or French, in a PDF format.
It’s important to mention that while applying, you will be asked to indicate your preferred availability period for the internship.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information Visit the Official Website