Africa Science 2023 Leadership Programme for Young African Scientists
If you are a young scientist from Africa and are enthusiastic about developing your leadership skills and scientific capacity, we encourage you to apply for the 2023/24 Africa Science Leadership Programme. This program is organized by the University of Pretoria in collaboration with the Global Young Academy.
The primary objective of the leadership programme is to foster the growth of mid-career academics in Africa, specifically focusing on enhancing their capabilities in thought leadership, team development, engagement, and collaboration. The program caters to early-to mid-career researchers in various disciplines, including but not limited to basic and applied sciences, engineering, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
The programme will employ an engaging and interactive training approach that includes hands-on activities, the practical application of skills to a leadership project, peer support, and mentorship. Selected fellows will have the opportunity to attend a five-day intensive on-site programme in Pretoria, South Africa, from 01-05 December 2023, with departure on the 06th. The programme will follow a cyclic process that alternates between theory, application, and reflection. Participants will be encouraged to work together collaboratively to develop initiatives that contribute to a new and transformative paradigm for African science.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Company/Organisation(s): University of Pretoria and Global Young Academy
Program Type: Leadership Training Programme
Program Location: South Africa
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: First degree
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Africa Science Leadership Programme:
- A PhD or equivalent qualification
- A faculty or a continuing research position at a research institution;
- Active in research and teaching at an African institution of higher education or research;
- A sustained record of outstanding scientific outputs;
- Interest in translating and communicating the results of their work for impact in society;
- Demonstrated leadership ability in research and beyond;
- Interest in the role of research in addressing complex issues affecting society;
- Interest in collaborations across disciplines and sectors (e.g. industry, government, etc.);
- Commitment to participate in all the activities of the fellowship; and
- Intent to share what is learned in the programme with their broader networks.
Application Procedures for the Africa Science Leadership Programme (How to Apply):
Prospective applicants for the Africa Science Leadership Programme 2023 are required to complete their applications online and ensure that they provide all the necessary information and documents within the specified timeframe. It is crucial to submit the application before the application deadline to be considered for the programme.
- Two support letters from academic referees
- All educational certificates.
Application Deadline: 15th July, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website