YALI Mandela Washington 2024 Fellowship in USA [Fully Funded]
Qualified young African leaders are welcome to submit their applications for the YALI 2024 Mandela Washington Fellowship. This program will occur in the United States and selected fellows will have the opportunity to attend a summit alongside other young African leaders, engage with U.S. Government officials, as well as civic and business leaders.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Fellowship Sponsor(s): U.S. Government
Host Institution(s): Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: All study levels
Duration: 6 weeks
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the YALI 2024 Mandela Washington Fellowship:
- Are between the ages of 25 and 35 on or before the application deadline, although exceptional applicants ages 21-24 will be considered;
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States;
- Are eligible to receive a United States J-1 visa;
- Are not employees or immediate family members of employees of the U.S. Government (including a U.S. embassy or consulate, USAID, or other U.S. Government entity);
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English (additional guidance coming for applicants who are deaf);
- Are citizens of one of the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe;
- Are residents of one of the above countries; and
- Are not Alumni of the Mandela Washington Fellowship.
Selection criteria for the YALI 2024 Mandela Washington Fellowship:
- A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in business or entrepreneurship, civic engagement, and/or public/government service;
A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others;
Strong social and communication skills;
An energetic, positive, and flexible attitude;
A demonstrated knowledge of, interest in, and professional experience in the preferred sector/Fellowship track and concrete goals for applying lessons knowledge and skills gained from the Fellowship to current and/or future work; and
A commitment to return to Sub-Saharan Africa and contribute skills and talents to build and serve their communities.
Application Procedures for the YALI 2024 Mandela Washington Fellowship (How to Apply):
Those who are interested in the YALI 2024 Fellowship should finalize an online application and ensure that all necessary documents are submitted before the specified application deadline.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website