Canon Foundation/ Kyoto University Japan 2023 Africa Exchange Program
The Canon Foundation Europe, in partnership with Kyoto University Japan, is delighted to introduce the Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program. This program aims to offer exceptional researchers in African Studies-related fields the opportunity to participate.
The primary objective of the Program is to provide support to fellows affiliated with Kyoto University who wish to conduct research in Africa. Additionally, it also extends its support to scholars hailing from Kyoto University’s partner institutes in Africa who desire to pursue research in Kyoto.
The Canon Foundation is a collaborative initiative between Canon Foundation Europe and Kyoto University Japan. It aims to foster academic exchange and research collaboration in fields related to African Studies. The Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program provides opportunities for highly qualified researchers from Kyoto University to conduct research in Africa and also supports scholars from Kyoto University’s partner institutes in Africa who wish to pursue research in Kyoto. The program encourages applicants to submit their research plans and required supporting documents to the Kyoto University Africa Unit for consideration. Through this initiative, the Canon Foundation plays a vital role in promoting knowledge-sharing and cross-cultural understanding between Japan and Africa.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Company/Organisation(s): Canon Foundation and Kyoto University
Program Type: Research Program
Program Location: Africa and Japan
Program Duration: Not specified
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Master’s degree
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange:
- Applicants must hold at least an MA degree and employed either at KU or KU’s partner institutions as post-doctoral fellows or faculty members at the time of applying.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellent research abilities.
Application Procedures for the Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange (How to Apply):
Prospective applicants for the Exchange Program should complete their applications and submit them to the Kyoto University Africa Unit at email@example.com. Along with the application form, candidates are required to include the following supporting documents:
- A research plan, which should start with a clear title at the top of the page, and include the proposed research’s starting and ending dates. The research plan must also provide a general cost estimate covering living expenses, travel costs, research expenses, insurance, and any other relevant costs (maximum 2 pages).
- Two reference letters, each not exceeding one page. One letter should come from an individual in a position to assess the applicant’s academic qualifications and professional achievements. The other letter must be a confirmation letter from the potential host in Kyoto, indicating their willingness to provide research or work facilities during the proposed period.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A copy of the applicant’s doctoral certificate or highest academic degree.
- One passport-size photograph of the applicant.
- A list of academic publications or professional accomplishments in chronological order, providing information on all authors, place and year of publication, and page references.
Application Deadline: 15 November 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website