Vanier Canada 2023 Graduate Scholarships [Fully Funded, $50,000 per Annum]
The application period has commenced for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023/24, which are fully funded and available to outstanding postgraduate students worldwide. This prestigious scholarship offers a financial award of $50,000 annually to recipients for a duration of three years throughout their doctoral studies.
The selection process for this scholarship evaluates candidates based on three equally important factors: Academic Excellence, Research Potential, and Leadership.
In 2008, the Government of Canada introduced the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program with the aim of enhancing Canada’s capacity to attract and retain exceptional doctoral students and positioning the country as a global hub for research and advanced education. The Vanier Scholars are distinguished by their outstanding scholarly accomplishments and leadership capabilities in graduate studies encompassing the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, engineering, and health disciplines.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Canada
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Government of Canada.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Universities/institutions in Canada.
Scholarship Worth/Value: $50,000 per year for 3 years
Number of Awards: Up to 166 scholarships are awarded annually
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (doctoral)
Subject Eligibility: See eligible Areas of Research (below).
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships:
- Academic Excellence
- Research Potential
- Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability)
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Areas of research:
Application Procedures for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023/24 should be aware that the scholarship program typically involves a nominating process. To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must be nominated by a Canadian institution that has a designated quota, which refers to a predetermined number of applications that can be submitted for the national competition. It is important for candidates to seek nomination solely from the institution where they intend to pursue their studies. Individuals interested in applying for the scholarship should take the following steps: Verify the nomination procedure and requirements
- July – November 2023: Applicants seek a nominating institution, prepare and submit application package.
- Internal Deadline (varies): Deadline to submit application to the nominating institution. Contact nominating institution for specific date.
- November 1, 2023 (20:00 EST): Deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.
- November 2023 – March 2024: Review and evaluation of nominations.
- Early April 2024: Anticipated notification of results. Nominees will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.
For more information Visit the Official Website