Flemish Government 2023 Master Mind Scholarships (€9,600 per annum)
The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training is delighted to declare the Master Mind Scholarships for the upcoming academic year 2023/2024. These scholarships are available for exceptional international students who wish to pursue master’s degree programs in Flanders and Brussels. The scholarship encompasses both financial assistance and exemption from tuition fees for each academic session throughout the entire duration of the students’ studies.
The Master Mind Scholarship is a program initiated by the Flemish Government, aiming to provide support to international students seeking a high-quality education and the opportunity to enhance their research skills at exceptional higher education institutions. Prospective candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are strongly encouraged to apply for this remarkable scholarship opportunity.
The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training is a governmental body in the Flemish Region of Belgium that oversees and manages the educational system. Its primary focus is to ensure the provision of high-quality education and training opportunities for individuals residing in the region. The ministry formulates educational policies, develops curriculum frameworks, and implements initiatives to enhance the educational landscape. It collaborates with various stakeholders, including schools, universities, teachers, students, and parents, to promote inclusive and innovative educational practices. The Flemish Ministry of Education and Training strives to foster lifelong learning, academic excellence, and the personal development of individuals, contributing to the overall advancement of education in Flanders.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flemish Ministry of Education and Training
Scholarship to be taken at: Belgium
Scholarship Level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: €9600 + a tuition fee waiver
Subject Eligibility: Courses tenable at the universities
Country Eligibility: International
Requirement and Eligibility criteria for the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarship:
- The applicants must apply to take up a master’s degree programme at a Flemish higher education institution.
- The applicant should have a high standard of academic performance and/or potential. The student has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- The student has a good knowledge of English language with evidence.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
Benefits for the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarship:
- A grant of €9 600 + a tuition fee waiver per academic year (60 ECTS)
- The grant is paid in instalments and covers accommodation costs, insurances and a significant amount of their living expenses
Application Procedures for the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarship (How to Apply):
To apply for the Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for the 2023/2024 academic session, please adhere to the following steps:
STEP 2: Submit your application directly to the host institution of your choice.
STEP 3: The host institution will conduct a preselection process to identify eligible applicants.
STEP 4: If you are selected during the preselection, the host institution will initiate the application procedure for the Master Mind Scholarship by creating your application file in the Mobility-Online application tool.
STEP 5: You will receive an email from the Mobility-Online tool, notifying you that you have been preselected for a Master Mind Scholarship.
STEP 6: Register in the Mobility-Online tool and complete your application file within the tool before the specified deadline.
- Passport photo
- International passport or national ID
- A Curriculum Vitae (including your American GPA out of 4.0 and if applicable your publications, academic awards, previous scholarships, etc.)
- Transcript of records; if written in a language other than Dutch, French, German or English, a certified translation must be enclosed.
- English language test results or letter of exemption provided by the host university
- Letter of motivation written in English
- Two letters of recommendation from professors of your (previous) home university written in English.
- Copy of acquired diploma(s) with certified translation if not written in English.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website