USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation 2024 Scholarships (Fully-Funded)
The United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) is currently accepting applications for the 2024 intake of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. This initiative offers full scholarships to qualified African individuals pursuing an undergraduate degree at USIU-Africa.
USIU-Africa has joined forces with the Mastercard Foundation for its worldwide Scholars Program. This collaboration aims to provide bright African youth, grappling with financial, gender, displacement, or disability challenges, the chance to access top-notch university education.
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) stands as a beacon of higher education on the African continent. Located in Nairobi, Kenya, it offers a diverse and vibrant learning environment that fosters academic excellence and cultural exchange. With a commitment to providing world-class education, USIU-Africa collaborates with global partners, such as the Mastercard Foundation, to extend educational opportunities to talented individuals facing various challenges. The university emphasizes innovation, research, and community engagement, shaping students into well-rounded individuals equipped for success in a dynamic global landscape.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships for African Students
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): USIU-Africa
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: African Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships:
- Applicants must be 29 years and below at the time of application.
- Meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ and above or its equivalent as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education. Applicants interested in courses in the school of Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- or its equivalent and at least a C+ or B- in the cluster subjects of English, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry. International applicants must meet the equivalent.
- Must be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business (CSB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Have proven record of leadership involvement and community give back engagement.
- Demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
Application Procedures for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates can obtain the application form either from the USIU-Africa website or free of charge at the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Office on the 2nd floor of the School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Extension. Before completing the form, carefully review all instructions and necessary details.
Submit the fully filled application along with the required supporting documents via email, ensuring that all documents are scanned in PDF format. When sending, clearly name the email subject with your name and nationality: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, drop off your application at the Scholars Program Office in the School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Extension building at USIU-Africa. If you prefer, you can also mail your application to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, United States International University – Africa, P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi – Kenya
Please be advised to submit only one complete application, as duplicate or incomplete submissions will not be considered. Note that any attempts at canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Application Deadline: November 24, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website