UCI Distinguished 2023 Scholarships Category for International Students
UC Irvine is currently accepting applications from eligible undergraduate and master’s students for the UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category. This opportunity is open to both incoming freshmen from high school and transfer students for the academic session of 2023-2024. If you are a qualified student, you are encouraged to apply for this prestigious scholarship program at UC Irvine.
Freshmen can renew this scholarship for up to 3 years, while transfer students can renew it for up to 1 year beyond their first year, provided they meet the ongoing eligibility criteria. Continuing students can apply for the scholarship during the month of January for consideration in the upcoming academic year.
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) is a prestigious public research university located in Orange County, California. Known for its commitment to academic excellence, UCI offers a diverse range of programs and majors across various disciplines, including the arts, sciences, engineering, business, and social sciences. With a vibrant campus community and a strong emphasis on innovation, UCI fosters an environment that encourages critical thinking, collaboration, and personal growth. The university is recognized for its cutting-edge research initiatives, state-of-the-art facilities, and dedicated faculty members who are leaders in their respective fields. UCI also boasts a strong commitment to sustainability, striving to be a carbon-neutral institution. With its outstanding academic reputation, vibrant campus life, and dedication to research and innovation, UCI continues to attract and inspire students from around the world.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in USA
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of California Irvine, USA
Host Institution(s): University of California Irvine, USA
Scholarship Worth: Not stated
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category:
- Undergraduate and Master degree students enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 units in each academic quarter) at UCI (Doctoral degree students should not complete this application, please check with your department or Graduate Division for scholarship/fellowship opportunities)
- Minimum 2.5 undergraduate admissions GPA or UCI cumulative GPA.
- Applicants must have filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), if eligible, in order to qualify for need-based scholarships. The FAFSA can be filed at www.studentaid.ed.gov. Students who are not eligible to file a FAFSA and qualify for the AB 540 fee exemption waiver must submit a California Dream Act application in order to qualify for need-based scholarships. The California Dream Act application can be filed at dream.csac.ca.gov.
- Eligible students are undergraduate students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree who are either U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or eligible non-citizens.
- International students may apply for UCI scholarships, however they cannot file a FAFSA or CA DREAM Act Application, so they do not qualify for need-based scholarships.
Application Procedures for the UCI Distinguished Scholarships Category (How to Apply):
There is no need to submit a separate scholarship application for the Distinguished Scholarship category. Students are automatically considered for these scholarships based on their UC application for admission. The selection process does not take into account any additional materials. To be eligible for these three scholarships, you must complete your fall admission application by November 30.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website