The Gates 2023 Scholarship to Study in USA
Invitations are presently being extended to eligible applicants for The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program’s 2023/2024 application phase. The program is aimed at specific domestic and international students who wish to pursue their studies in the United States. This scholarship opportunity is designed for high school seniors coming from low-income households.
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is an extremely competitive scholarship aimed at exceptional minority high school seniors coming from low-income households. This last-dollar scholarship is awarded annually to outstanding student leaders, with the primary goal of empowering them to achieve their highest potential.
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a prestigious and highly selective last-dollar scholarship designed to support outstanding minority high school seniors from low-income households. Founded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the scholarship aims to empower exceptional student leaders and help them reach their full potential. Recipients of The Gates Scholarship receive financial assistance to cover the remaining costs of their education after all other grants and scholarships have been applied. By providing this support, the program seeks to enable talented individuals to pursue higher education and make a positive impact in their communities and beyond.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in USA
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Gates Scholarship (TGS)
Host Institution(s): US accredited Institutions.
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Additionally, a student must plan to enrol full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrolment will be required.
- An ideal candidate will have the following:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Application Procedures for the The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program (How to Apply):
Prospective applicants who are interested and meet the eligibility criteria for The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program should access the online application portal. There, they can sign in and complete the application process by providing the necessary information and submitting the required details.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website