TechGirls 2024 Programme for Women in STEM
The TechGirls Programme for women in 2024 is seeking applications from qualified individuals. This initiative is designed for women eager to enhance their tech skills through engagement in an interactive technology and computer camp held in the United States.
TechGirls links and champions the upcoming cohort of female leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. It achieves this by granting them access and opportunities to enhance their skills and follow their aspirations.
TechGirls features workshops focused on skill development and provides opportunities for interactions with some of America’s most innovative tech professionals. Additionally, participants engage in 40 hours of study at a Tech Camp in collaboration with our partner, the Center for Enhancement in Engineering Diversity at Virginia Tech. The program not only offers a culturally immersive experience but also enhances participants’ readiness to enter tech fields. Moreover, it encourages them to pursue higher education in areas where women are underrepresented.
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the TechGirls Programme for Women:
- Are citizens of one of the eligible countries/territories and living in that country/territory at time of exchange.
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange July 13th, 2024 (Born on or between July 13, 2006 and July 13, 2009);
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in science, technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in STEM, especially technology;
- Have strong English language skills (advanced intermediate English skills);
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country;
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home; and
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visa).
- Eligible candidates must be citizens and current residents of participating countries. Third country nationals permanently living in an eligible country should contact us to determine eligibility prior to applying.
- Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
SEE ALSO: Latest Internships
Application Procedures for the TechGirls Programme for Women (How to Apply):
Application Deadline: 8th December 2023 at 12:00 PM noon ET
For more information Visit the Official Website