Sappi 2023 Bursaries and Scholarships for African Students
The Sappi Bursaries and Scholarships are currently accepting applications from exceptionally talented African students who are currently pursuing academic programs at recognized universities.
Every year, Sappi grants a variety of bursaries through an annual skills audit and according to the company’s business requirements. Our bursary program aims to support gifted and inventive young South African individuals.
Sappi follows a talent-based approach, where eligible applicants are invited to a selection interview. We strive to attract the most brilliant young minds to join our dynamic industry. The bursary application period is open from 01 April to 30 September, and the recruitment cycle occurs between October and November annually. Sappi grants a range of bursaries each year, aligning with our annual skills audit and business requirements. Our bursary program aims to support talented and creative young individuals who are citizens of South Africa.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in South Africa
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Sappi, South Africa
Host Institution(s): Recognised Universities in South Africa
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: South Africans
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Sappi Bursaries and Scholarships for African Students:
- South African citizenship
- An average of 70% in Mathematics (not Maths Literacy), 70–80% in Physical Science and 60% in English and
- Qualifying points for entrance at the university or acceptance confirmation
- Current university results will be considered for undergraduate students. Note that preference will be given to learners with an average of 75% and above in Mathematics and Physical Science.
School leavers or university students between 18 – 25 years old who are studying or intending to study full time at any South African accredited university in one of the following fields:
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Mechatronics
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Science – Forestry and Wood Science
- National Diploma – Pulp and Paper
- National Diploma in Forestry
Application Procedures for the Sappi Bursaries and Scholarships for African Students (How to Apply):
To apply for the Sappi Bursaries and Scholarships, interested candidates must fill out an online application form. Please ensure that all applications are submitted online by clicking on the provided link.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
For more information Visit the Official Website