Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 at University of Cape Town
The Mastercard Foundation and the University of Cape Town (UCT) have announced a scholarship program for eligible African students who wish to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate studies at UCT during the 2023/2024 academic year.
The Scholars Program offered by the Mastercard Foundation at UCT provides complete funding for tuition and other expenses to African students who are seeking their first undergraduate or postgraduate degree. The program aims to provide students with an excellent education that will enable them to earn internationally recognized degrees that are relevant to their local communities. Additionally, the program emphasizes the importance of engaged citizenship and social justice, ensuring that graduates are well-equipped to contribute positively to society.
The scholarships provided by The Mastercard Foundation at the University of Cape Town offer a high-quality education that will equip graduates with globally recognized qualifications and skills that are relevant to the local job market. The program emphasizes the values of civic engagement and social justice to prepare students for their future careers. The scholarships cover the entire duration of the students’ studies and can be renewed on an annual basis, subject to their satisfactory academic performance and participation in the program’s activities and opportunities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Cape Town, Mastercard Foundation
Host Institution(s): University of Cape Town
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 at University of Cape Town:
- Must be Africans who are willing to enroll in an undergraduate or postgraduate studies at University of Cape Town.
- Must be academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Must be economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Must be committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Must demonstrate that they are committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
Scholarship Benefits for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 at University of Cape Town:
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- Academic and peer mentor support.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
Application Procedures for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships 2023 at University of Cape Town (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates who wish to apply for the 2023 University of Cape Town – Mastercard Foundation Scholarships must submit their applications online before the specified deadline.
Application Window: March to July
For more information Visit the Official Website