DAAD 2023 In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program for Sub-Saharan African students
The DAAD is seeking applications from Sub-Saharan African students for the provision of funding through its In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme. This funding opportunity is available for pursuing full-time Master’s or PhD degrees either in the student’s home country or in another Sub-Saharan African nation.
The program aims to enhance the mobility of researchers across Sub-Saharan African nations and facilitate capacity building at universities within the region.
The DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst), also known as the German Academic Exchange Service, is a prestigious organization that promotes international academic cooperation and exchange. Founded in 1925, the DAAD has been instrumental in fostering educational partnerships between Germany and countries worldwide. It offers a wide range of scholarships, grants, and funding opportunities to support students, researchers, and academics from around the globe who wish to study, research, or teach in Germany. The DAAD plays a vital role in connecting individuals, institutions, and cultures, facilitating knowledge transfer and cross-cultural understanding. Its commitment to academic excellence, diversity, and international collaboration has made it a significant driving force behind Germany’s position as a leading destination for education and research.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in South Africa
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD, South Africa
Host Institution(s): Sub-Saharan African universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: Sub-Saharan African Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program:
- Applicants must be an active scholarship holder of the DAAD’s In-Country / In-Region scholarship programme
- Applicants must be graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
- Applicants have to provide proof of their English proficiency, as the language of communication
- Kindly note that applying for and attending one of the summer schools must not compromise your regular study programme commitments or duration.
- You may submit an application for up to two summer schools in 2023. However, participation will be possible in only one of them.
- Please mind that participation is possible only once: If you have joined one of the In-Country / In-Region programme’s summer schools in the last years, it will not be possible to participate again in 2023.
Benefits for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program:
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
Application Procedures for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program (How to Apply):
To apply for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Program intended for Sub-Saharan African students, please note that you are required to visit the official webpage and refer to the call of application for the specific degree program you are interested in. The necessary information and application details can be found online.
Application Deadline: July 11, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website