OHCHR Indigenous 2024 Fellowship Programme
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship:
- The candidate must be indigenous (non-indigenous persons will not be taken into consideration, even if they have close links with indigenous communities and/or organizations).
- Age should not be a limitation to participation in the programme.
- Formal education should not be a limitation to participation in the IFP given the socio-economic barriers confronted by many indigenous peoples that limit access to formal educational institutions.
- Candidates should agree to train other indigenous persons after the return to their respective communities/organizations.
- The candidate should be proposed, and his/her candidacy supported by his/her indigenous organization and/or community. It is desirable that the sponsoring organization has a firm constituency or membership and that it is representative.
- The candidate should have a good working knowledge of the language in which the programme is imparted.
Benefits for the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship:
- A return flight ticket from Geneva
- Living Expenses
- Basic health insurance
Application Procedures for the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates interested in the OHCHR Indigenous Fellowship 2024 are urged to submit their completed application forms ahead of the specified deadline. It is imperative that all sections of the application form are filled out completely, signed, and dispatched through regular mail to:
Mr. Morse Caoagas Flores Coordinator, Indigenous Fellowship Programme Indigenous Peoples and Minorities Section Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights 48, Avenue Giuseppe-Motta, Office 2-05 CH-1211 Geneva 10 Switzerland
Applicants should take note that their application forms should be accompanied by an official letter of recommendation from the indigenous organization or community that has nominated them.
Application Deadline: 30 September 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website