HumAngle Accountability 2024 Fellowship Programme
The HumAngle Accountability 2024 Fellowship is open to interested applicants who wish to build careers around certain research and projects by self developments
The HumAngle Accountability Fellowship is a merit-based professional programme that prepares young people at the start of their careers to develop self-designed projects around accountability in the security and humanitarian sectors, climate security, education, sexual and gender-based violence, and transitional justice
HumAngle Accountability Fellowship is a six-month programme where successful fellows are selected on the strength of their self-designed projects or proposals. The fellowship provides resources, training, and mentorship to develop the project to the implementation stage
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Fellowship Sponsor(s): HumAngle, Nigeria
Host Institution: Nigeria
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Graduates
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the HumAngle Accountability Fellowship:
- Applicants must be indigenes of Borno, Adamawa, and Yobe and will be required to carry out their assignments in the senatorial districts of their projects.
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 30.
- Applicants must possess at least a Diploma degree.
- Applicants must demonstrate passion in the thematic areas and show a track record of work.
- Applicants should be residents in their place of assignment; otherwise, they should be willing to relocate at their own expense.
- Applicants must be familiar with the region if they do not reside there.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this fellowship
Benefits for the HumAngle Accountability Fellowship:
- Fellows will receive monthly training and mentorship from industry leaders while they begin to test the viability of their respective projects in the field.
- Fellows will be provided with a monthly stipend to support their fieldwork and cover the cost of transportation and data/communication.
- Fellows become freelancers for HumAngle after the duration of the fellowship, if they wish, and will be paid in that capacity each time their work is published.
- Fellows will be awarded certificates at the end of the fellowship.
- Fellows will be provided with wider professional networks to pursue their goals.
- Fellows will have monthly conversations with exceptional individuals who have excelled in their careers.
- Fellows will get referrals from HumAngle for a wide range of opportunities, and outstanding fellows will be invited as facilitators for subsequent cohorts.
- Fellows who contribute articles and reports and do so diligently and professionally may be considered for a full-time or part-time role in HumAngle newsroom.
SEE ALSO: FSDH 2024 Graduate Analyst Programme
Application Procedures for the HumAngle Accountability Fellowship (How to apply):
Qualified and Interested applicants for the HumAngle Accountability 2024 Fellowship should “APPLY” here to complete the application. Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to participate in an individual or group interview
- Applicants must send a 250-word personal essay alongside a 500-word self-designed project essay. The essay should state why the applicant is interested in the fellowship and what they expect to gain from it. The project essay must clearly outline how the applicant intends to carry out the activities and why the project is important to the community. The project essay title should indicate the thematic area under which the project falls.
- The application requires two letters of recommendation and a resume.
Application Deadline: December 31, 2023
For more information visit the official website