NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship Fund 2023 in South Africa
The Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship Fund (SMSF) is a scholarship offered by the National Youth Development Agency to South African youths under the age of 35 who wants to further their education but don’t have the financial support, this scholarship gives them the opportunity to study at public universities or university of technologies across South Africa.
The Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. The financial support will be provided to youths who pursue full-time degrees that fall within the priority growth sectors, critical and scarce skills areas outlined in the labour planning frameworks of the country.
NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship Fund South Africa was made in honour of 23 year old Solomon Kalushi Mahlanga who was wrongfully accused of terrorism and murder and was executed by the apartheid laws, and a huge crowd with fearing reactions were present at his funeral which made the police to bury him in Mahlangu in Atteridgeville, Pretoria. Their primary aim is to reach out to those in the rural areas and increase chances of employability or entrepreneurship based on the positive correlation between level of education.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA)
Scholarship to be taken at: Public Universities and Universities of Technology, South Africa
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Number of awards : Several
Nationality: South African Students
Requirements and eligibility criteria for the nyda Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu 2023:
- Students must be applying for admission to one of the public universities as a 1st year full-time student in a priority study
- High school learners who plan to attend one of the public universities or universities of technology after completing the National Senior Certificate
- Must meet University Admission Points Score (APS) and achieve an average of 70% in the NSC exams
- Must be South African citizens under 35
- Financial neediness – combined household income of less than R15 000 a month
- Reside in rural/semi-rural areas/townships
benefits of the scholarship
- Accommodation (thresholds apply)
- Study Books/equipment (thresholds apply)
- Application Procedures
Application Procedures for the nyda solomon kalushi mahlangu scholarship fund
Interested applicants seeking for this opportunity who meets the eligibility criteria should submit application online via the NYDA website or send a printed completed form to the address given in ‘applications’. NO faxing or direct submissions to universities or NYDA offices.
The fund will be accessible to deserving South African youth who meet the minimum entry requirements set by the NYDA and, who have been admitted for study at public Universities and Universities of Technology.
Application Deadline: Not Stated.
For more information, visit the official website