Japanese Government Scholarship 2023 for International Students (Fully Funded)
The Japanese Government Scholarship is now accepting applications from qualified graduate students who are international students. This scholarship offers a range of opportunities to eligible students.
International students who are currently studying or planning to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degree at a Japanese graduate school are eligible for this scholarship. If applicants are accepted to a Japanese graduate school, they can apply for the scholarship even if they are currently located outside of Japan.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Host Institution(s): Japanese graduate school for a doctoral or master’s degree
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Master’s or Doctoral degree
Nationality: International Students
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Japanese Government Scholarship 2023 for International Students:
- Applicants must be international student who does not possess Japanese citizenship
- Applicants enrolling in a professional graduate school is not eligible to apply. However, the student who can submit a research plan is eligible to apply
- The enrolment duration until graduation must be longer than 12 months.
- To be eligible, the student applying for the PhD program must start the PhD course by the age of 35. The student applying for the master’s program must start the master course by the age of 30 (No exception)
- The student must have a strong will to serve in their home country as a future career plan
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member
- The student must be able to carry a basic conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese (No exception)
- The student must be enrolled as of September or October 2023 or currently applying for the academic course starting from September or October 2023 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and those who are not enrolled yet (including people who are currently employed with jobs at the time of applying for the program) are both eligible to apply for this scholarship if you are going to be enrolled in September or October 2023. Those who are going to enter graduate schools in spring 2024 should apply for the 2024 program which starts accepting applications from September 1 to October 31, 2023 (scheduled).
Application Procedures for the Japanese Government Scholarship 2023 for International Students (How to Apply):
Candidates are required to access the “Online Application System” and provide all necessary details. They must then upload the required digital documents and files as specified. The web address for the “Online Application System” is https://entry.hisf.or.jp.
Upon completion of the application process, applicants will receive an application number. The numbers of successful applicants will be published on our website, so it is essential to save the number that is assigned to you.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
For more information Visit the Official Website