Japanese Government MEXT 2024 Embassy Recommendation Scholarship
The Japanese Government MEXT 2024 Embassy Recommendation Scholarship is currently accepting applications from eligible candidates who wwish to conduct research on school education for the 2024 Academic session
As Teacher Training Students under the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Program, foreign students who study in higher education institutions are selected on the recommendation of Japanese Embassy/Consulate General, University, or Authority
The Scholarship aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Japan
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Host Institution(s): Designated Japanese Universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully-Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Scholarship Level: Postgraduates
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship:
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- Age: In principle, applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1989.
- Academic and Career Background: Applicants must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools.
- Japanese Language Ability: Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan.
- Health: Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician.
- Visa Requirement: An applicant shall, in principle, newly obtain a “Student” visa at the Japanese diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality
Benefits for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship:
- Allowance: After arrival in Japan, 143,000 yen per month will be paid.
- A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount
- Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Travel Expenses
SEE ALSO: Khalifa University 2024 Scholarships
Application procedures for the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship (How to Apply):
For anyone instrested in applying for the 2024 Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship, should follow the application process
- Application Form
- Placement Preference Application Form
- Certified grade transcript for each academic year from the last university/ teacher training school attended
- The diploma from the last university/ teacher training school attended
- Certificate of employment
- Recommendation letter from the immediate supervisor at work
- Medical certificate
Application Deadline: February 5, 2024 (Varies For other Countries)
For more information, visit the official website