Joint Japan/World Bank 2023 Graduate Scholarship for Under Developed Countries
The second window of the Joint Japan/World Bank 2023 Graduate Scholarship for Under Developed Countries is now accepting applications, This Program is designed to assist students from developing countries who are interested in pursing a Masters degree in fields related development.
The Joint Japan/World Bank 2023 Graduate Scholarship Program provides scholarship for approximately 26 programs in universities across the United State, Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan. These programs are focused on key areas of development, such as economic policy management, tax policy, and infrastructure management.
Joint Japan/World Bank 2023 Graduate Scholarship for Under Developed Countries is exclusively financed by the Government of Japan and World Bank, They have been providing opportunities for mid-career professionals from 160 developing countries and Japan to pursue graduate degrees in fields related to development since 1987. To date, the program has supported over 6,000 individuals.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government/ World Bank
Host Institution(s): Institutions in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania and Japan
Scholarship level: Master’s Degree
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Nationality: Developing countries.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria for the Joint Japan/World Bank 2023 Graduate Scholarship for Under Developed Countries:
- Applicants must be citizens of a World Bank member developing country and should not hold a dual citizenship of a developed country.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent obtained at least 3 years prior to the application deadline date.
- Applicants must possess 3 years or more recent development-related experience after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Must be in good health
- Applicants must have been offered an unconditional admission to enrol in the upcoming academic year in at least one of the JJ/WBGSP Preferred or Partner Master’s Degree Programs.
Scholarship Benefits for the Joint Japan/World Bank 2023 Graduate Scholarship for Under Developed Countries:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance to cover all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of the allowance varies depending on the host country.
Application Procedure for the Joint Japan/World Bank 2023 Graduate Scholarship for Under Developed Countries (How to Apply):
To be considered for this Scholarship, applicants must fill out the 2023 Online Application Form before the deadline. Additionally, those who are interested in applying for a Preferred Program Scholarship must also submit an application for admission to one or more of the Preferred Programs and apply for the scholarship at the same time.
For More Information Visit the Official Website