Japanese Government (MEXT) 2023 scholarship program
The Nagasaki University Center for Japanese Studies and Student Exchange is delighted to inform you about the availability of the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program for the academic year 2023/2024. This program aims to provide financial support to international students who wish to pursue their studies in Japan.
The MEXT Scholarship for the academic year 2023 is a comprehensive funding opportunity designed for international students. It is a fully funded scholarship that supports undergraduate, master’s, PhD, and training studies in Japan. The scholarship covers various aspects, including tuition fees, accommodation expenses, a monthly living allowance, and round-trip airfare travel costs from your home country to Japan.
The scholarship program for international students offered by the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho: MEXT) was established in 1954 and consists of eight distinct categories. These categories encompass research students (receiving a monthly stipend of 144,000-145,000 yen), teacher training students (receiving 143,000 yen per month), undergraduate students (receiving 117,000 yen per month), Japanese studies students (also receiving 117,000 yen per month), and various other categories.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Japan
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Japanese Government
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institution(s): Nagasaki University
Scholarship Worth: Varies (See benefits below)
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: All Nationalities
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria Japanese Government (MEXT) 2023 scholarship program:
- The eligibility information for the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship program will vary depending on your mode of application. There are three ways to apply for the scholarships: embassy recommendation, university recommendation, or domestic selection.
- Embassy recommendation: Every year, scholarship recipients are recruited by a Japanese embassy (or consulate general, depending on the country). Please inquire at the Japanese embassy or consulate general for more details.
- University recommendation: Every year, Nagasaki University recruits graduate students from overseas and recommends the selected candidates to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
- Domestic selection: Privately financed foreign students (undergraduate and graduate) already enrolled in Nagasaki University are eligible for this scholarship. Every year, Nagasaki University recommends the selected candidates to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. Please contact the Liaison Center for International Education office for more details as undergraduate students are not eligible in some cases.
Scholarship Benefits for the Japanese Government (MEXT) 2023 scholarship program
- research students, (144,000・145000/month),
- teacher training students (143,000/month),
- undergraduate students (117,000/month),
- Japanese studies students (117,000/month),
- Scholarship awardees can also hold part time jobs.
Application Procedures for the Japanese Government (MEXT) 2023 scholarship program (How to Apply):
To begin your application for the Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship, you should first apply to Nagasaki University as your chosen institution for studying in Japan. To assist you in this process, please consult the provided guide, which outlines the necessary steps and requirements for submitting your application successfully.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information Visit the Official Website