Government of Canada 2024 International Scholarships at the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta hosts the Canadian Government Scholarships program, offering scholarship grants that vary based on the study level and duration. These scholarships encompass the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program, Canada-ASEAN Scholarships, Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED), and Study in Canada Scholarships.
Canadian Government Scholarships are prestigious opportunities for international students looking to pursue higher education in Canada. These scholarships, offered through various programs and universities across the country, provide financial support and unique learning experiences to talented individuals from around the world. Whether it’s the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program, Canada-ASEAN Scholarships, or others, these scholarships open doors for students to gain valuable knowledge, conduct research, and immerse themselves in Canada’s diverse culture. As a testament to Canada’s commitment to global education and collaboration, these scholarships play a crucial role in fostering international partnerships and academic excellence.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in Canada
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): University of Alberta, Canada
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: International Students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Government of Canada International Scholarships:
- An undergraduate applicant applying for a research-based experience is to provide a written institutional collaboration and student exchange agreement or a Letter of Invitation from the University of Alberta professor who has agreed to supervise you.
- For graduate applications, an inter-institutional agreement is desirable but not mandatory.
- Student applicants must be enrolled full-time in their proposed degree program at the time of application.
- Must be proficient in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French) before their arrival in Canada, as the scholarship does not cover language training.
Application Procedures for the Government of Canada International Scholarships (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates interested in the Government of Canada Scholarships for the 2024/25 term at the University of Alberta should first ensure they meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship. Once eligibility is confirmed, you can initiate contact with professors you are interested in working with by providing them with the following information:
- Your full name and contact details.
- Your home university and country of origin.
- Indicate whether you are currently an undergraduate (bachelor) or graduate (master or doctoral) student.
- Specify which year of your degree program you are currently in.
- Clearly state the full name of the scholarship program you intend to apply for.
- Specify the duration of your research (e.g., 4 months, 5-6 months, 8 months).
- Provide your preferred start date, ensuring that your research concludes no later than February 1 each year.
- Include any relevant documents such as your CV/resume, academic transcripts from your university, and a cover letter.
- Share a link to information about potential host supervisors.
Once you have identified a potential host supervisor, you will collaborate with your home institution and the University of Alberta host supervisor to gather the necessary supporting documents. These documents will be submitted alongside your completion of the Electronic Application Form.
Application Deadline: Not specified
For more information Visit the Official Website