GHD 2024 Scholarship Program at Georgetown University USA
The Global Human Development (GHD) 2024 Scholarship Program at Georgetown University are currently accepting applications from qualified candidates from Sub Saharan African Countries to apply for their studies
Georgetown University GHD Scholarship Program offers students a fully funded two-year Master’s degree to build the quantitative skills, subject matter expertise, and client project portfolio that serves as a strong foundation for their career in international development
The goal of the Global Human Development (GHD) Program at Georgetown University is to prepare students – through coursework, internships, extra-curricular activity, and practical field work – to understand the challenges of international development and provide the tools to address those challenges as successful professionals
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in USA
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Global Human Development (GHD) Program
Scholarships to be taken at: Georgetown University
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarship
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Scholarship Level: Masters
Nationality: Sub-Saharan African Countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Georgetown University Scholarship:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Completion of courses in introductory macro- and microeconomics and statistics, with a grade of B or better (or the equivalent, if a different grading system is used). Students must complete these requirements prior to enrolling in the program, and, given that we evaluate applications holistically, applicants who have not yet completed the required courses are not at a disadvantage during the admissions process. This requirement is intended to give students the quantitative foundation that they need prior to their first semester in the GHD program. If applicants did not earn a B or better in one of the prerequisite courses, or if they took the courses more than two years ago, they may be advised to take less formal refresher courses prior to starting the program.
- Ability to function effectively in English and one other language (students must pass an oral proficiency exam before graduation, so ideally they will have a reasonable command of one foreign language before entering the program).
- At least 1-2 years of full-time work experience post-undergraduate degree is strongly recommended.
- Experience living, studying, and working outside of the United States is strongly recommended.
Application Procedures for the Georgetown University Scholarship (How to apply):
Interested and qualified applicants should use the below to complete the application processes
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Supplemental data sheet
- Official transcripts and test scores (GREs and TOEFL/IELTS)
- Three letters of recommendation
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
For more information visit the official website