US Embassy MEPI 2024 Student Leaders Program [Fully Funded]
Are you a student pursuing either undergraduate or graduate studies in the MENA region and looking for an enriching educational opportunity in the United States? Seize this fantastic chance to apply for the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program 2024.
In the Student Leaders Program (SLP), participants embark on a yearlong journey, connecting with their American counterparts, participating in community initiatives, and engaging with civil society organizations.
The Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) is a program designed to foster positive change and development in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. Through various initiatives and projects, MEPI aims to empower individuals, promote civic engagement, and support economic reforms.
SEE ALSO: Latest Scholarships in USA
Scholarship Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI)
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): U.S. institutions
Scholarship Worth: Varies
Number of Awards: Several
Nationality: MENA countries
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program:
- Citizenship: Students from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen.
- Applicants must hold citizenship from the aforementioned countries as well as reside in their home countries, with the exception of Syrian and Yemeni applicants.
- Applicants cannot be a third-country national of the nominating country with the exception of Syrian and Yemeni applicants.
- Applicants must be committed to returning to or remaining in their home country/community following completion of the program.
- Applicants must be currently attending an undergraduate or graduate university program in their home countries.
- Applicants may also have recently graduated from an undergraduate program within 6 months or less from the program state date.
- Applicants must demonstrate a high level of academic achievement.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to leadership and civic engagement in their communities.
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to addressing climate change and environmental issues in their communities.
- 2024-2025 Student Leaders are required to have a climate change/environmental protection Civic Engagement Project (CEP).
- Applicants should have high English-language proficiency skills to participate in U.S. university academic classes in English.
- Applicants must have ability to fully participate in the Student Leaders Program, particularly the intensive summer program that will tentatively take place from late June 2024 to the end of July 2024.
Application Procedures for the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program (How to Apply):
Prospective candidates for the US Embassy MEPI Student Leaders Program should submit their online applications on or before the specified deadline. It is crucial for applicants to furnish precise details and include all required documents when completing the application form.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2023 at 23:59 GMT.
For more information Visit the Official Website