Postdoctoral Research Opportunity 2023 at Columbia University, USA ($71,640)
Apply for a research fellowship at Columbia University to delve into crucial scientific and social issues within global sustainable development. The Postdoctoral Research program is designed to foster research and development, and applications are currently being accepted for the 2024/2025 cohort.
In this fellowship program, aspiring postdoctoral scholars can establish a solid footing in key disciplines within the Earth Institute, such as social, earth, biological, engineering, and health sciences. Simultaneously, they can gain a broad range of cross-disciplinary expertise essential for tackling pivotal issues in sustainable development.
Columbia University, nestled in the vibrant city of New York, stands as a prestigious Ivy League institution renowned for its academic excellence and rich history. With a commitment to pushing intellectual boundaries, Columbia fosters a diverse and dynamic community of scholars. Its Morningside Heights campus, adorned with iconic architecture, provides a stimulating environment for learning and collaboration. The university’s global impact extends across various disciplines, from the humanities and social sciences to cutting-edge research in science and technology. Columbia’s legacy of producing influential alumni and contributing to groundbreaking discoveries solidifies its position as a leading force in higher education and innovation.
SEE ALSO: Latest Fellowships
Fellowship Sponsor(s): Columbia University, USA
Host Institution: Columbia University, USA
Fellowship Benefits: $71,640 per annum
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Postdoctoral
Nationality: Domestic & International students
Requirement and Eligibility Criteria for the Columbia University Postdoc Fellowship:
- All doctoral requirements must be fulfilled and the degree awarded before the start of the appointment.
- People holding current positions with rank above post-doctoral scientist are not eligible for appointment under university rules.
- Those holding current post-doc positions should contact our office to determine eligibility.
- The program is open to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens. Columbia University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Funding for the Columbia University Postdoc Fellowship:
- EI Postdocs will receive an annual salary of $71,640. They are also awarded a research stipend of $12,000 over the two-year term for reimbursable expenses related to the appointment.
- These funds can be used for relocation and moving expenses, as well as for computer, travel, conference, journal, book, software, equipment, and other research costs.
Application Procedures for the Columbia University Postdoc Fellowship (How to Apply):
To apply to the program candidates must submit the following documents:
- Online Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Brief Personal History
- Research Proposal
- 3 Recommendation Letters
Proposals can recommend active involvement in, contribution to, or expansion of ongoing multidisciplinary projects at the Earth Institute. Candidates are urged to craft novel, forward-thinking projects that leverage Earth Institute expertise.
Alongside submitting their application and proposal, candidates are advised to proactively identify and reach out to their preferred multidisciplinary mentoring team—comprising two or more senior faculty members or research scientists/scholars at Columbia University—whom they wish to collaborate with during their appointment.
Application Deadline: Not Specified
For more information Visit the Official website